What information we collect and why
- 1. We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- 1.1 We may collect information obtained through contact with you or third parties that is necessary for us to provide you with products and services. Such information will include contact details, communication records and other information related to service and support that are necessary in our business activities (Personal Information).
- 1.2 If you are in trade and have signed a credit application form, we may collect credit history information, trade references and financial information about you from you or third parties (Trade Information), to assess your suitability to enter into any contract with us, to determine whether to supply goods and services to you in accordance with the terms of any contract from time to time and other related purposes as agreed with you on the credit application form.
- 2. If you are just reading information on our website (www.ricoh.co.nz) (“Website“), then we may collect and store the following information about your visit (“Website Information“), to help us improve the Website, collect statistics and to provide a better service to you:
- 2.1 the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet;
- 2.2 the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using;
- 2.3 the date and time you are visiting;
- 2.4 the URLs of the pages you visit or have visited.
How we use information we collect
- 3. We use your Personal Information:
- 3.1 to provide you with goods, services and support;
- 3.2 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- 3.3 to verify your identity;
- 3.5 to protect the rights, property or safety of Ricoh, other users or others;
- 3.6 to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 3.7 to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website, should you choose to do so;
- 3.8 to notify you about changes to the Website;
- 3.9 for the purpose of warranty registration;
- 3.10 to deal with requests, complaints and other customer activities;
- 3.11 to provide you with technical support; and
- 3.12 for any other use that you authorise.
- 4. Occasionally we may use your Personal Information to:
- 4.1 send you information about products or services supplied by Ricoh, which we believe will be of interest to you; and
- 4.2 contact you for market research regarding our products or services.
- 5. We will always give you the opportunity to opt-out of any direct marketing activities, including tele-canvassing and e-mail marketing programs. Should you wish to opt-out please call our Communications Department on 0800 807676 or email [email protected].
- 6. We use Trade Information for the uses set out in paragraph 1.2.
- 7. The Website Information may be stored, analysed and used for marketing purposes as well as to improve the way we do business with our customers.
- 8. Where we have obtained Personal Information or Trade Information from external sources with your consent, we will endeavour to verify the accuracy of the information and ensure that it has been obtained in a manner consistent with the Act. Cookies
- 10. We are ISMS certified and adhere to strict data security policies. All Personal Information and Trade Information we retain is stored in secured facilities with access restricted to authorised personnel. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information and Trade Information is treated securely.
- 11. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the Website Information you transmit to our Website; as a result, any transmission is at your own risk.
- 12. We do not share any of your Personal Information with external organisations or individuals unless it is necessary to perform our business operations and/or meet the commitments made to you, in which case the information we share may include (but is not limited to) information to contractors to facilitate delivery, or information to an authorised Ricoh business partner for sales and/or service of a product in which you have expressed interest.
- 13. We may share your Trade Information with the third parties as agreed with you on the credit application form.
- 14. We may disclose your Personal Information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract we have with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our customers. Access to information
- 15. You can request to access all Personal Information or Trade Information we hold about you and correct it if it is wrong in accordance with the Act. To request any information we may be holding please contact our Privacy Officer(s) by ringing 0800 807676 or emailing [email protected]. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Questions and comments regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to the Privacy Officer(s).
Changes to our Policy