RICOH recognizes the importance of personal Data. Therefore, RICOH exerts its best efforts to pay attention to protection of privacy on RICOH Site and buckle down to the following.
Although RICOH has attempted to provide accurate information on The RICOH Web Site, RICOH assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. RICOH may change the programs or products mentioned at any time without notice. Mention of non-RICOH products or services is for information purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation.
All information provided on The RICOH Web Site is provided “as is” with all faults without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. RICOH and its suppliers disclaim all representations and warranties, expressed, implied, statutory or otherwise including, without limitation, those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement or arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. RICOH makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, suitability or currency of the information on The RICOH Web Site. RICOH and its suppliers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or exemplary damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, loss of goodwill, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data or other intangible losses arising out of the use or inability to use The RICOH Web Site or any RICOH product, damages resulting from use of or reliance on the information present, even if RICOH or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. RICOH and/or any of its affiliates shall not be liable for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The above does not affect RICOH’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or its liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Limitation of Use
You acknowledge and agree that The RICOH Web Site and any necessary software used in connection with The RICOH Web Site (“Software“) contain proprietary and confidential information of ours that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that information presented to you through The RICOH Web Site or the Software is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorised by us, you agree not to modify, reproduce, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on The RICOH Web Site or the Software, in whole or in part.
You must not use any part of the materials on The RICOH Web Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Access to The RICOH Web Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and RICOH may change and / or alter the contents of The RICOH Web Site, or may suspend or discontinue the services provided through The RICOH Web Site at any time without any prior notice. Neither RICOH nor any of its affiliates shall be liable for any damages arising out of any alteration or change of the contents or inability to use The RICOH Web Site.
You agree that, when using The RICOH Web Site, you will provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by The RICOH Web Site.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, we have the right to refuse any and all current or future use of The RICOH Web Site (in whole or in part).
Software Licence Agreement
All software that is made available on The RICOH Web Site (“Software“) is the copyrighted work of the respective owner(s) and is protected by copyright laws and other applicable laws and treaty provisions for each country throughout the world. Use of this Software is subject to the terms and conditions of each end-user license agreement between the owner of such software and the end-user thereof, copyright laws and other applicable laws and treaty provisions for each country throughout the world.
Any software which you download from The RICOH Web Site is governed in accordance with (i) the license terms accompanying the file or (ii) if no license terms accompany the file, the terms of the license agreement which accompanied the original product licensed by you which you are updating or (iii) the license terms pursuant to clauses 81, and 83-87 of our standard terms of trade which can be found at http://www.ricoh.co.nz/terms.
The trademark “RICOH”, ricoh.co.nz, and any RICOH product names and logos used, quoted and/or referenced within The RICOH Web Site are trademarks or registered trademarks of RICOH or its related companies. You agree not to display or use such marks, logos and/or branding without our prior express written permission. Other company names and product names used, quoted and/or referenced in The RICOH Web Site may be protected as their respective trade name, trademarks or registered trademarks.
In using The RICOH Web Site, you must not:
- 1. do or knowingly permit any act or omission that would damage or disrupt The RICOH Web Site or anyone else’s use of it, or any provision of services;
- 2. use The RICOH Web Site:
- a. to infringe the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of RICOH and/or others;
- b. to cause any damages or disadvantage to RICOH and/or others;
- c. to disturb public order;
- d. to do any criminal act;
- e. to upload false information including, but not limited to, other’s IP address and password;
- f. to use The RICOH Web Site for any commercial purpose;
- g. to abuse, defame, disgrace, threaten, stalk or harass RICOH and/or others ;
- h. for introducing any viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs or bots or any other damaging items which could interfere with our, or anyone else’s, network or computer system;
- i. to breach copyright or other intellectual property rights held by us or anyone else;
- j. to send unwelcome communications of any kind to anyone (for example, spam or chain letters);
- k. to publish, post, upload or distribute any bad language or unsuitable, obscene or discriminatory information of any kind;
- l. for running any network scanning software, spiders, spyware software, robots, open relay software or similar software;
- m. for using any software or device which may hinder the services offered via The RICOH Web Site (like mail bombs, war dialling, pinging etc.);
- n. using a false identity to try to trick anyone for any reason,
- o. do any other activities that are unlawful or prohibited by any applicable laws
- p. do any other activities that RICOH deems inappropriate (collectively referred to as the Prohibited Uses).
- a. Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use The RICOH Web Site.
- b. Issue of a warning to you.
- c. Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- d. Further legal action against you.
- e. Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
Third Party Web sites
- 1. The RICOH Web Site provides links to Web sites and access to content, products and services from third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the RICOH Web Site. You expressly agree that RICOH is not responsible for the availability of, and content provided on, third party Web sites. You should refer to the policies posted by other Web sites regarding privacy and other topics before you use them.
- 2. You agree that RICOH is not responsible for third party content accessible through The RICOH Web Site, including opinions, advice, statements and advertisements, and understand that you bear all risks associated with the use of such content.
- 3. If you choose to purchase any products or services from a third party, your relationship is directly with the third party. You agree that RICOH is not responsible for: (a) the quality of third party products or services; and (b) fulfilling any of the terms of your agreement with the third party, including delivery of products or services and warranty obligations related to purchased products or services. You agree that RICOH is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort that you may incur from dealing with a third party.
- 5. Nothing contained in the RICOH Web Site shall be interpreted as a recommendation and/or endorsement by RICOH of the contents of the Linked Sites and any products and/or services appearing on and / or provided through such Linked Sites. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to constitute a partnership or the like between the operators of the Linked Sites and RICOH.
- 6. RICOH’s prior permission is not required to link a third party’s web site to The RICOH Web Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage RICOH’s reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on RICOH’s part where none exists. This includes documents, images and other materials used, quoted and/or referenced within The RICOH Web Site. If a link is set up, please notify the administrator of The RICOH Web Site (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the URL and The RICOH Web Site administrator’s e-mail address. Please note that all information, including URL, documents, images and other materials available on The RICOH Web Site will continually be revised without prior notice.
- 7. You must not establish a link from any Web site that is not owned by you.
- 8. RICOH reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- 10. When copying or quoting The RICOH Web Site, please contact the administrator of The RICOH Web Site (email@example.com) in advance. RICOH reserves the right at its sole and exclusive discretion to refuse your request for copying or quotation.
Proposal and Offer
- 1. RICOH does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through The RICOH Web Site. Please note that any information or material sent to RICOH will be deemed NOT to be confidential. RICOH shall not be obligated to examine, evaluate, and adopt such information or material.
- 2. By sending RICOH any information or material, you grant RICOH an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute that information or material, and you also agree that RICOH is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send RICOH for any purpose. Therefore, RICOH shall not be responsible for any loss, expense or damage including, but not limited to, payment of compensation, in connection with RICOH’s adoption of the information or material identical or similar to the information or material that you send RICOH.
RICOH will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to RICOH unless:
- • RICOH obtains your permission to use your name.
- • RICOH first notifies you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of The RICOH Web Site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it.
- • RICOH is required to do so by law.
International Control and Access
RICOH controls this site from its offices within New Zealand. RICOH makes no representation that materials in The RICOH Web Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, where their content is illegal or prohibited.
Those who choose to access The RICOH Web Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export any material in violation of New Zealand export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the material shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of New Zealand.
Competition and Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- 1. Competition and Giveaway prizes are given to a pre-determined number of entrants and selected by random draw (unless otherwise stated).
- 2. Entries received after the specified closing date will not be accepted. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
- 3. Every entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. Ricoh New Zealand reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
- 4. Competitions and Giveaways are open to New Zealand residents, aged 18 years and over, unless otherwise stated. A person can only enter once and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified.
- Entries, selection, prizes
- 5. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact Competition and Giveaway winners using details provided on their entry forms. Should those attempts fail, another winner will be drawn or selected.
- 6. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, transferable to any other person and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- 7. If a prize or part of a prize becomes unavailable (for any reason), Ricoh New Zealand reserves the right to limit entry, cancel or amend the prizes at its own and sole discretion, including providing the winner with a substitute prize, either in full or in part.
- 8. Winners will be notified in advance if prizes are sent by courier. Couriers are instructed to have all prizes signed for on receipt. Failure to obtain a signature will result in the prize being returned to Ricoh New Zealand and another winner may be drawn/selected.
- 9. Ricoh New Zealand’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 10. All entrants consent to participate and cooperate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition or Giveaway. Also, entrants agree to receive periodic email communications from Ricoh New Zealand (which can be unsubscribed from at any time).
- 11. Entry forms will not be returned. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected.
- 12. The following persons are not eligible to win any prize:
- a. Anyone under the age of 18 at the time of entering the Competition or Giveaway (unless otherwise stated).
- b. Anyone not resident of New Zealand at the time of the prize draw (unless otherwise stated).
- c. Anyone who works for Ricoh New Zealand or any affiliated Ricoh dealership, their immediate family members or any agencies or companies associated with the Competition or Giveaway.
- 13. Ricoh New Zealand reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating at its sole discretion. Ricoh New Zealand also reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating or won by using fraudulent means.
- 14. Ricoh New Zealand will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs (for instance incurred in accepting or redeeming a prize) or any injury whatsoever suffered by an entrant as a result of or in connection with the Competition or Giveaway, including any inability to enter, complete or continue the competition or giveaway due to equipment or technical malfunction.
- 15. Ricoh New Zealand reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the Competition or Giveaway.
- 16. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.