IMPORTANT – Product Safety Information for MPC series
Ricoh Company, Ltd. and its subsidiaries (“Ricoh”) would like to inform customers that two isolated incidents of overheating have occurred on one device of the multi-function color printer series manufactured prior to May 2014. Ricoh immediately took steps and after a thorough investigation, Ricoh determined that, in very rare cases, certain internal electrical components are at risk of overheating and present a potential fire hazard.
While the incidents have only occurred on a very rare occasion, Ricoh takes any potential product safety concern seriously and has already upgraded the vast majority of potentially affected models in the field in order to minimize the risk of any future incidents. We are issuing this notice to ensure we can upgrade each and every device. If you have an existing maintenance agreement for the affected model, the necessary fix should have already been completed on your device.
For customers using one of the remaining affected models that have not received the necessary fix and have not been contacted by a Ricoh representative, please contact a Ricoh representative immediately at the number below to schedule a service appointment for your device. The application of the required safety measures will be provided free of charge to all users of the affected model.
Ricoh would like to thank you for your understanding and convey our sincerest apologies. Our team is working extremely hard to minimize any impact this may have on our valued customers. We are dedicated to providing our customers the highest quality products and services.
A) Affected Models
The following procedure describes how to confirm whether your device is affected by checking the serial number on the ricoh.com website.
1. Check your machine serial number by following the procedure below.
- How to identify the machine serial number
- When using the following operation panel
2. Click the link below to open the serial number confirmation page.
Confirm Serial Number Here
- This webpage is located on Ricoh.com
- No text is displayed on the page.
3. Enter your serial number in the box provided and click the  button.
4. The status of your machine will be displayed as follows.
- Your machine is not affected or has already received the necessary safety measures. No further action is required.
- Your machine has not yet received the necessary safety measures. Please contact Ricoh via the number below.
B) Contact Information
Phone 0800 – 274264
Fax 09 – 368 6001