Our Sustainability Report
Our most recent report details Ricoh New Zealand’s sustainability performance from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016. The report is published annually and is a summary of initiatives being undertaken by Ricoh’s nationwide network.
Our 2016 Sustainability Report includes information about our company and demonstrates the ways in which sustainability is an integral part of all our business activities. This report integrates financial and non-financial information to facilitate a better understanding of Ricoh New Zealand.
The 2016 report is our ninth sustainability report.
Some of the highlights from the 2016 reporting year include:
- A significant decrease in carbon emissions associated with fuel – 2016 saw a 20 percent decrease in fuel consumption due to a raft of initiatives helping Ricoh to reduce its load.
- Improved data measurement tools – helping Ricoh to measure and manage its impact with more accuracy.
- Growth on track – net sales for Ricoh New Zealand reached $136.7m, with the company taking out the top spot in Ricoh’s Asia Pacific region for profit.
- A renewed focus on product recycling – Ricoh is continuing to emphasise the importance of recycling print devices and their components.
- In the reporting year it increased toner cartridge recycling by eight percent, from 102,500 in 2015 to 108, 673.
- 2016 was also the first full year Ricoh has been working through a single supplier for e-waste. Its nationwide, certified e-waste partnership with Croxley Recycling is the only one of its kind in New Zealand.
- Giving back – each of Ricoh’s six New Zealand offices continued to support local community organisations, charities and individuals of their choice. At the national level, Ricoh focused its efforts on the Unicorn Foundation by cycling against NET cancer, and continued its support of the Fred Hollows Foundation and the Attitude Awards.
- About Ricoh
- Our Brand
- Our Business
- Ricoh Global Services